Exercise & Fitness Community
headache during situps
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

headache during situps

i had a crainotomy 2yrs ago  for a tumor. i use to do situps daily. now when i do them i get really bad headaches that last all day.is there a way i can do situps without the headaches? i asked my doctor about this and se laughed and told me dont do them.if there is a way i can do them without the pain please share your ideas,thanks brainpain
Tags: Headache, Pain
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

How are you?
You can try taking an NSAID or OTC pain killers just before doing sit ups and also make sure you maintain your fluid intake and are not dehydrated.
It would be great if you can switch to another form of exercise.

Blank
410943_tn?1202266042
A possible and common cause of headaches especially related to situps is tight Splenius muscle (back of neck muscle). What happens is doing situps strengthens the spenius muscle and tightens it just like any other muscle. Do a chin tuck stretch as well as head to side and pretend you are trying to kiss your armpit. Hold these stretches for 15-60 seconds best done when body temperature is up.

I myself have severe headaches from a head injury, I broke my neck and am now a fitness trainer where I have learned that tight muscles are almost always the cause or at least contributing fators to pains and poor posture.

I hope this helps
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank