Exercise & Fitness Community
heart rate

Our Exercise & Fitness community to help you take charge of your health. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

heart rate

is 102 a high heart rate,will gaining weight make my heart rate high
If you're talking about a resting heart rate, then yes that is high--for an adult, any heart rate over 100 is considered tachycardic.  If you're talking about during exercise, it's perfectly normal and in fact necessary for the heart rate to be high (I can get mine up to 210 or slightly higher if I run really hard).  As for gaining weight, excess weight does make the heart work harder and could cause the heart rate to increase.  One thing that can make your heart rate higher than normal is dehydration--are you drinking enough water?  Your urine should be clear to light yellow; if it's dark yellow you need to drink more water.  I would suggest talking to your doctor if your heart rate is that high when resting.  I'm not a doctor, so I'm just sharing what I know and advising that you talk to one.
mkh9 commented on photo
zahidkapariya commented on photo
mkh9 uploaded new photos
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine