hit in the palm of hand
Hi i do alot of weights heavy and light, not sure if this contributed to my little problem.

Anyway was playing around with my nephew, put my right hand up for him to hit, He caught me between the point finger and the thumb on the edge were a small vein runs, with in mins the vein was swollen alittle and if i can remeber it itched for bout 30mins or so. It was sort to touch at first.    

Had it now for over 4/5wks during the first 2 weeks I worked around it doin the usual training and obviously didnt give it time to heal settle etc.. It has shown considerable improvements, but is still there,

Only nice last saturday have i given training a rest to try and get rid of it, its not as sore now and is hardly swollen, its little hard but also little spondgy to touch.

I've been using iboprofen (spelling is bad sorry) and another deep vein bruising cream that my mum gave me.

Can you give me some idea as to what may have happened when hit, by the description I have provided and whether I'm doing the right things to make it go.

Regards

Luke

England

Hello!

You had an injury at the web between your thumb and index fingers.
It takes time to heal because you cannot rest this area.

Do you have a Blue or black discoloration of the skin?

Apply ice to the thumb for half hour at a time, up to 4 times per day. Do not apply ice directly to your skin. Continue to use ice until the pain stops with an icepack.

Avoid movement of the thumb as much as possible. The loose application of an ACE wrap or commercially available wrist brace in the neutral position will help immobilize the thumb. This will help lessen your pain.

Take acetaminophen for pain relief or ibuprofen for anti-inflammatory action. Avoid both of these over the counter drugs if you have stomach problems and cannot tolerate them.

Take care!
Yes exact area, Was slighlty discloured purple/blue but nolonger that colour. It is now colourless and is reacting well to anti flam cream and plently of rest from lifting weights.

I think the reason I had it for that long is because i didnt let it heal!

Thanks for the reply

luke
Oh  forgot to say it no longer hurts, only slightly when touched feels similar to when you have  a bruise and touch it.

cant seen to edit my first post, the injury was in the area, but at the base of the index finger a vein runs down there thats what I hit.

thanks again

luke
Hello!

Yes,  there are superficial veins under your skin  in the webspace and they get injured sometimes during these accidents and as the healing is taking place perfectly just rest the area and use ice packs and it will be fine.

Take care!