Exercise & Fitness Community
leg muscle knots

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

leg muscle knots

I have suffered for many years with leg pain, knots in my leg muscles and sore feet. When I sit for a time the backs of my legs become sore and make it very uncomfortable to stay sitting. I might add that I have driven trucks most of my life. I have been told this is called blood pooling. When I am active, walking or just moving about my leg muscles get sore.
It seems like I have tried about all of the remidies that have been tossed about. Tried Calcium, magnesium, massage, B- vitimans. So far I have found nothing that helps. Been tested for fibromyalgia, heart, lungs, just everything. Legs still hurt and the muscles have knots in them.
Try acupuncture it can do wonders for chronic seemingly causeless pain
I tried that years ago. My wife didn't seem to think the person that was doing it was that good. I thought she was but what do I know about acupuncture.
I might add that I had lung surgery about 25 years ago. My left lung was removed because of T-B. I have often wondered if maybe this didn't contibute to this malady.
How long did you stick with the acupuncture?  It takes several treatments.
Do you stretch regularly?   Most people have muscles they clench when they are tense.
For me it is my jaw and neck.  I flex them even when I am sleeping.  But it used to be my butt.  For you it may be your calves.  Focus on relaxing them if you notice you tighten them.  Stretch often holding for at least 30 sec.    You can just drop your heels off the back of a stair to access the calf,  If you don't feel it, let me know. Stretch with both a bent and a straight knee.  Get some racket balls and use them to massage your calf.  I put them on the floor and put my leg on top and just grind the muscle into it, but you can also use your hand to push the ball into the muscle if your flexibility or mobility prevents sitting on the floor.
I did the acupunture for about 2 years, I have tried the sock and ball thing. I try to walk about a mile or so every day. They will loosen while I walk but then tighten up when I do the rest of my day.
Well,  that is all my ideas.  sorry I couldn't be more help.  Hopefully one of the doctors will respond for you
Thanks anyway....
Any ideas for Buggs38 here?