Exercise & Fitness Community
leg pain from running injury

Our Exercise & Fitness community to help you take charge of your health. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

leg pain from running injury

I recently started a running routine and was running 2 to 3 miles about 2 to 3 times per week.  After my last run (two weeks ago) my right thigh and glutius maximus hurt.  I ignored it and ran the next day.  The following day the pain was really bad and I couldn't walk without a limp.  I have been off the leg for two weeks now and have taken ibuprophin for it, to which it responds well.  It hurts in different places on my thigh though.  Sometimes the pain is on the outside of the thigh, sometimes on the inside and sometimes on the upper thigh around the hip.  I don't know where to iced it becasue the pain is not localized.  It's doesn't appear to be improving.  I don't know what it is.  help?
qualsdad IS becoming his healthiest ... Comment
8 mins ago
JohnHaganMD commented on Consider ALL the Opti...
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine