Exercise & Fitness Community
leg pain from running injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

leg pain from running injury

I recently started a running routine and was running 2 to 3 miles about 2 to 3 times per week.  After my last run (two weeks ago) my right thigh and glutius maximus hurt.  I ignored it and ran the next day.  The following day the pain was really bad and I couldn't walk without a limp.  I have been off the leg for two weeks now and have taken ibuprophin for it, to which it responds well.  It hurts in different places on my thigh though.  Sometimes the pain is on the outside of the thigh, sometimes on the inside and sometimes on the upper thigh around the hip.  I don't know where to iced it becasue the pain is not localized.  It's doesn't appear to be improving.  I don't know what it is.  help?