Exercise & Fitness Community
leg tingling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

leg tingling

I've been running for the last 9 months and am now training for a half marathon.  In the beginning of my running, I was going to physiotherapy because my calf muscles on my right leg were very tight and impeding my running.  The physio helped, so I stopped, but continued stretching.  Now, after I run about 3km, my right foot starts to tingle, and it goes right up to my thigh to the point that I have to walk it off.  Loosening my laces didn't help.  For the last 2 days, about 90% of the day I have tingling in my lower leg.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Are you a smoker?
How is your calcium intake?
Any history of injury to the ankle or lower back?

It is possible that the symptom could be a sign of impaired blood circulation or an affectation of the nerves.

You will have to start taking vitamin B-complex supplements to help correct any underlying nerve structure abnormality.
Keeping calcium levels high will aid muscle contraction and relaxation and will prevent muscle cramps and seizing up.

Also avoid any sudden jerks during stretching or otherwise that may impact on the lower back.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
Regards

Tingling indicates nerve compression. Since this tingling sensation is in the foot this compression could be at the level of foot, leg or hip. This could quite possibly be sciatica.
I would advise you to consult a doctor as soon as possible as you need to undergo a complete physical and neurological examination. Also please take rest and do some simple back exercises.