Exercise & Fitness Community
losing weight after baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

losing weight after baby

I usually post on the Maternal forum, but thought I would check in here.  I had a baby 10 weeks ago and I am trying to lose weight and get my body back into shape.  I am currently on weight watchers and walk on the treadmill for 50 minutes (3.25 miles) with 10 of the minutes on incline.  I then do leg raises and sit ups.  It is not doing the trick.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Gonza,
you gave birth only 2 and a half months ago.  Your body is probably still recovering from the vast amount of new stress which it has been subjected to for the last 6 months or so.

Losing weight takes time, losing weight after having a baby takes time even more time.

I would say stick the the regime you are on now.  Perhaps limit your sugar (including alcahol (alcohol)) intake and drink as much water as you can, at least 4 litres a day.  Stick with it.  You will not see results in a matter of weeks but a matter of months.  Dont give up and you will get your slim figure back again.
(ready to mess it all up again with the next kid!!)

Good luck!

Obviously consultation with you family physician is essential before embarking on a new fitness regime.
Thanks, I was beginning to think that no one visited this forum.
If youre still doing that regime (try to do it 4-5 days a week no matter what) that good stuff!  Keep it up, if youve given it up because youre not seeing results fast enough, get back at it and perhaps step up the pace a little to make it more interesting.
Really, its amazing what you can turn and sculpt or smooth your body into through training.
I have not given it up.  I would not do that.  If it isnt getting me back my body, at least it keeps me healthy!
hey ladys
   well i just had my daughter 4 months ago and i was 104 pds before "very petite" and i gained 50 pds even with my "first" daughter. i lost 19 pds at delivery and since have only lost 7-8 pds. i am very bothered with my figure and cant get back in shape i walk alot and exercise please give me tips if you have some. thanks
hey i am goin through the same problem my daughter is 4 monthsold and i havent lost much weight at all i was very petite and now im not. so if you find something let me know please and hang in there and look at how beautiful your child is.
Thank God- it feels good to read that others are going through the same problem.  I gained 48 pounds- a lot more than I thought I would.  The first twenty came off no problem.  I have lost about seven on my own, but I still have a ways to go before I can fit into my old clothes.  I've been working out six times a week and following the Weight Watcher points diet for a month, and I've lost NOTHING! I read Jenny McCarthy's Baby Laughs (great read for moms.)  She said she killed herself working out and dieting for two months and only lost two pounds.  She went to her doctor, and he said in his experience it takes women, who are holding onto extra weight, three periods before they are able to start seeing a difference.  I haven't had three yet, so I am praying that- that is true.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.
My Daughter Is 5 Weeks Old. I Just Quit Breastfeeding. I Was 110 When I Got Pregnant, And 184 When I Delivered. I Cant Get Any Lower Than 150 Now. Its So Frustrating. I Need To Know How To Lose Weight Fast, Summer Is Coming And I Live In Florida. I Wanna Be Skinny Again!