Exercise & Fitness Community
muscle pain on upper right side of chest underneath armpit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

i notice this proble after 24hrs of an intense workout primary with bench press. if i bend down to pick something up and extend my arms i notice the pain. when sleeping i notice discomfort when turning from side to side. i am unable to bench press any weight and i can only due the bar alone. This pain and soreness has been present for 5 days and has been diminishing. what can i do to treat it and how soon can i resume weight lifitng. the main problem is with the bench press any other activity i can tolerate the discomfort. any answers to what i did to myself or hurt and treatment suggestions.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Bench press in your case should be done on alternative days. Resting your muscle for 48 hrs helps in most of the cases.
Take some anti inflammatory drugs, rest for couple of days and if the pain continues you have to visit an orthopaedician to get yourself examined for some muscle sprain /pull etc. Take care!