my knee
for 2 1/2 weeks i've had this knee problem. it came on quite suddenly. i was walking and as i extended my leg, the knee felt like it was out of place....it didn't locked into a solid step. from that point of there were many occasions when the knee felt out of sync and like it needed to be reset.

it started to get a little stiff,,,a slight pain in the "bump" just inside and slightly low to the kneecap. the outside of the knee feels fine.

when i squat the knee bends stiffly, feeling very tight - almost swollenlike.

there's no pain per se, merely a stiffness that goes away(sort of) as i walk. i can do the exercise bike no problem....i can even run on a treadmill, but i don't do it as much as before.

the knee no longer "unlocks" like it did in the beginning, but it's still slightly stiff and sometimes feels out-of-sync. i don't know if i'm aggravating it in any way since it doesn't hurt. i did the treadmill the other day for 30 minutes with no problem save the initial stiffness that subside after a few minutes, however, like i said, i don't know if i'm prolonging the heal process.

i use a cheap ace brand knee brace that slips over my knee, and that seems to secure the knee a bit...

any regimen suggestions until i see the doctor?
ok...dont use the treadmil..atleast not at first..puts alot of poundage on the knees. What you need to do is strengthen the mucle fibers without the extra poundage from running. Try using the bike or the olptical. continue to wear the knee brace. And the best way to help the healing process is find a pool at your local ymca or high school and go in for some open sessions. Swim laps and at the end of your work out hold onto the side of the pool while kicking to specify your workout. that should get your knees feeling strong and speed up the recovery process.
no access to a pool.

how about light weights on leg machines,,,,maybe 30 lbs on the quad machine(i usually do 30 reps at 50 lbs). i think that would be very light for me. and 100 lbs on the leg press(normally i do 220 lbs).

thanks