Exercise & Fitness Community
pain in chest area when jogging

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

pain in chest area when jogging

when i go jogging i get a constant sharp pain in my upper left side in the area level with my nipple but more under my arm.i jog about 7 miles,3 times a week.I first felt this 18 month ago and had an ecg at the hospital which was fine.It has now become constant after feeling it only slightly for the most of last year.I suffer with hypertension which is controlled with atenolol.
Does it happen immediately after you start running or is it once you are beginning to labor some? You could just be dehydrating and getting severe cramps due to the medication you're on. I'm on a medication and it causes the same thing. Basically feels like an intense, sharp cramp. I have to hydrate a lot more than I used to, and also double up on potassium to keep it at bay but even with that, I still get it about a half hour to an hour into running or racquetball.
i get the pain after about 5 mins.I always get plenty of fluids inside me before i run.I tend to sway to muscle pain rather than something more worrying as all the experts say you would get pains more central and my stress test last year was really good,it does get me thinking though.Where do you get your pain?
Always the same. Right hand side. Starts in the shoulder. Very sharp, and then spreads down into my side. Fortunately, I'm lefty, so I can usually play through it. After about 15 minutes, as long as I hydrate again, it starts to fade some.
I get exactly the same pain: please let me know if you find out what it is -- it is worryiong, isn't it?  j.p.***@****