pain on outside of foot near little toe
I walk (brisk) 3-4 miles about every day. A few weeks ago, I developed pain on the outside of my left foot (at the widest part of my foot; bottom of foot is OK). There seems to be a "pea sized bump" in/on the skin or just below. Bone does not seem to be tender, just the bump. It is very painful especially when going down a slight grade when my foot pushes forward in my shoe. Anyone have any ideas what this may be? If so, how can I "get rid of it"?
Hello, I am a nurse who happens to work for a podiatrist :)  Sounds like you have either a planters wart, or a callous. If the bump is rough tough like skin, more than likley it is a callous. The only way to remove a callous is to have it shaved off. Planters warts may be taken off by cryo (freezing), or by lazer treatment.  My advice....see your podiatrist!  Hope this helps. Healthy feet are very important!
Appreciate your response! The "bump" is small and is "like rough skin". It is also painful. What causes a callous?
I have a bump on my littlest toe on my right foot for about a year now. I don't know what it is but it is painful and when i touch it, it hurts. I do not think it is a plantar's wart because it is on the right side of my right toe. At first I thought it was a blister, but it did not go away. It is sometimes red and I know it is not a callous because it is very tender. What is it?
Like Chas05 I also have this bump, right about the same place.  It is definitely pea-size but it definitely is in the skin, not on top of the skin.  When I walk it hurts.  This is not a callous and I don't think it is a plantar's wart.  Have you heard of such a thing?  Help-I need to be on my feet!
From Sweet104