Exercise & Fitness Community
protein shakes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

protein shakes

i have 2 questions about protein shakes.

1.i exercise every other day, so should i drink protein shakes in the mornings of the days im not goin to workout?

2. how long should i wait to drink my shake after my workout?

thanks
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello!

1) You can have regular protein shakes if you are continuing your workouts and are planning for a muscle build up.

2) You can take after an hour after your workouts.

Take care!

Blank
1273871_tn?1326228458
On the second part-- don't wait an hour. Drink a shake as soon as you're done with working out, as it's protein your muscles need to repair themselves, and the faster you get this into your system, the better the healing will be. If you think about this, it makes sense. The minute you've stopped tearing the muscle, it tries to repair itself. It doesn't wait for an hour and then decide to start knitting itself back together! The easy accessibility of the protein in a shake is perfect for this, so like I said, drink one as soon as you can. This probably explains it better than I just did :o)

http://www.intense-workout.com/post_workout.html
Blank
Hello!

If you carry along with you to the workouts then take it as soon as possible, but see that you get hold of the protein shake within an hour even if you have to drive home, anyways your body will absorb it only after 2 hours which is the holding time in your stomach and to get absorbed from your intestine if you are on empty stomach. Only after absorption from your small intestine; can your body utilize these amino acids.

So it is always good to take it as fast as possible.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank