skin itches when large muscles warm
I play a lot of racquetball. The last few weeks my skin over my large muscles (butt, quads, hamsting areas) starting itching/tingling when I get warm. It usually subsides after about 30-45 mins.
Any body else experienced this?
Pain, tingling and numbness are signs of neuropathy. Nerve involvement may be single (mono-neuropathy) or multiple (poly-neuropathy).
This neuropathy can be due to Diabetes, Prediabetes, Vitamin deficiency, and altered blood pressure status, any nutritional deficiency, and abnormal endocrine status, compression of nerve or impingement of nerve at time of exit from Vertebrae.
You should be doing HbA1C, ESR, serum protein/immuno-electrophoresis, and vitamin B12, BUN, and creatinine levels.
In your case it could be due to diabetes or dehydration, so you should hydrate your self well.
Keep me informed if you have any queries.
Bye.
same goes for me..my skin itches as soon as I get warm..it drives me crazy
So even you are having itchiness post exercise. Is it generalized or local? If it is generalized then the cause could be neuropathy and you need to evaluate yourself as rotham.
But if it is local itchiness after exercise then it is certainly due to allergic contact dermatitis.
You need to visit dermatologist and discuss regarding this.
Alternatively you can be started on Anti-histamines and anti-allergy medications.
Keep me posted if you have any queries.
Bye.
I think the cause could be neuropathy. It started couple of months ago..I've never had it before.When I work out for example,I start streching and as soon as I get warm it itches...scalp,back,legs.But if I go on,it stops. It's still annoying though.I'm 15 and kind of scared.Is this serious?
stretching*
You can take Vitamin B12 supplement if you continue to have burning sensation after you exercise.
You can also try taking cetrizine tablet just before work out and see whether it works or not. If it works then probably your pathology would be allergic.
Hope this helps you.
Bye.
Thanks a lot! I'll try it and let you know if it works.

I read the above thread and you state to the the person "you need to evaluate yourself as rotham". I tried to locate 'rotham' but found nothing. What is it?

I am asking because I have a similar condition. I am a very active 49 year old male, living in Canada (cold climate, lots of central heating, which means dry air, even with humidifier on the furnace) and the itching interferes with my work-out so much so that I dread doing them. As a result, I miss some workouts. The itching starts on my torso and arms just when I start to break a sweat (about 7 minutes in) and continues for the next 3 minutes or so until I am sweating heavily. This happens no matter where I am working out, home, gym, indoor soccer arena. But it only happens in the winter, never in teh summer.

Appreciate your insight
FYI, I am well hydrated...
A  year ago I  started working out on the treadmill  after 20 to 30 minutes with intense work out my legs started  to get itchy and turn red I wear shorts, loose clothing cotton and I still didn't get any relief from the itching. If i ignore it than my stomach start getting itchy. I don't  know what to do do can anyone help?