Exercise & Fitness Community
slipped rib?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

slipped rib?

Hi, I'm 18 years old, good shape, excercise daily. However lately I've been having these sharp pain in my rib area, around the lower ribs, when i turn or bend a certain way or breathe deeply. I can sometimes feel this sharp pain in my upper back ribs as well. When i press on my ribs it is tender to the touch, but isn't excruciating pain or anything, but it's noticeable.  The pain isn't always there, it's infrequent; it comes on suddenly I've looked up some possible causes of this on some sites, and slipping rib syndrome seems to have all the symptoms that I've described here.  Also, my posture isn't the greatest, I sometimes bend my back a little when on the computer,and have been stressed out as well. Just curious if anyone knows anything about slipping rib syndrome and if there are any ways of decreasing the pain? Thanks.
Related Discussions
Thank you for your post.  I went to see a sports medicine doctor (she had a slipped rib too).  She sent me to a physiotherapist who helped me with my posture and gave me a couple of exercises to do (thorasic stretch, another one for my neck).  She also examined my posture and told me how to sit at the computer (ergonomics).  I think I need to put a reminder on my computer. I really don't know about slipping rib syndrome or how to decrease the pain.  I believe I could simply take low dose aspirin, find out what movement, position or activity is causing it, and then to refrain from it.  I have four more appointments scheduled with a physiotherapist (half hour each).  I'm wondering how long it will take to heal (I guess this varies with age).  Thank you!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...