Exercise & Fitness Community
small red like blood spots in skin after exercise

Take charge of your health by joining others like you. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

Ok today I just exercised, pushing myself
to a new personal high of 30. When i stopped
I felt fine, but like half an hour later I went
to the bathroom and noticed i had these little
red dots under my eyes, that looked like blood
vessles almost burst leaving small pools of blood
under the skin. Its happened before on my arms,
never my face (in fact it is on my arms too now

that i check) but I don't really know what it is.
Is this really serious or can it be i'm forgetting to breath enough when i exercise making the marks?

I'm not sure if this makes any sence but it is kind of freaking me out.

Thanks for the advice
Avatar n tn
I would recommend talking to your Dr. It could be from getting hot or your heart rate and blood pressure may be high. just my thoughts
Avatar n tn
i get those spots too. when i have a particularly difficult and long cycle, i come back home and as im about to get into the shower i notice red spots all over my chest and back. im 16 and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what they are about

During exericise a small red spot sometimes developes about 2 inches below the bottom of my right chest area.  It does not hurt, but it swells to about the size of a thumb tack head.  This has been going on randomly for about 7-8 years now.  Any advice about what this might be?  Thanks much!!

Vince:)  
Avatar dr m tn

This most commonly is due to flushing of skin and this is a form of hypersensitivity or allergic reaction due to exercise.

Physical activity can cause allergic symptoms in some people. The symptoms are hives or spots (large or small), itching of the skin, flushing (redness) of the skin and this can occur anywhere on the body other than the chest area.

Most symptoms can be controlled by taking medications your physician prescribes and by slowing down or stopping your exercise as soon as symptoms start. You should always exercise with a partner who knows about your condition.

In some people, eating certain foods before exercise may make allergic symptoms more likely to occur. Keep track of what you eat before exercising for few weeks.

You can try some antihistamine or epinephrine shots. Discuss with a physician who will follow up on your condition.

Take care!
Hi I had these after playin football last week on my chest but they did not itch and had gone the next mornin apart from a couple of dots that went in a couple of days
specialmom commented on Saw the babies again ...
Jul 27
mishymoshymarcy Im actually not even sure a... Comment
Jul 27
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine