Exercise & Fitness Community
sore muscles
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sore muscles

I dont do any fitness whatso ever save walking. For the last 4-6 mnths I am experiencing pain and soreness in my upper body muscles - all of them. My u7pper arms are very sore at the moment as is my back and shoulders. Occassionally, I have problems with my legs but not as bad as my upper body. What is causing this?
My Diet is good, not heavy on fruit, but plenty of vegetables, a balanced diet although I do enjoy red wine.
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Some of the conditions with widespread body and joint aches are fibromyalgia(a disorder classified by the presence of chronic widespread pain and tactile allodynia(pain even on touching)  ,chronic fatigue syndrome(often manifests with widespread myalgia and arthralgia, cognitive difficulties, chronic mental and physical exhaustion)  ,polymyositis (means 'many muscle inflammation') and polymyalgia rheumatica(an inflammatory disorder that causes widespread muscle aching and stiffness, primarily in your neck, shoulders, upper arms, thighs and hips. It literally appears overnight, but the cause may be a problem with the immune system, perhaps involving both genetic and environmental factors).
I feel that it can be chronic fatigue syndrome in your case after going through your symptoms.But other possibilities have to be ruled out.
Complete physical examination along with investigations like ESR blood, platelet count Rheumatoid factor, creatine kinase,electromyography and muscle biopsy may be needed to make a diagnosis.Pls consult a physician for that.
Moderate exercises in addition to a healthy diet are important.Pls indulge in some moderate exercise like walking or jogging.

Hope it helps.Take care and regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exercise & Fitness Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank