Exercise & Fitness Community
stomach pains after sit-ups.

Our Exercise & Fitness community to help you take charge of your health. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

stomach pains after sit-ups.

I have just started to so sit-ups.I do fifty in the morning and fifty at night.I have been doing this daily routine for the past three days now,and all of a sudden my stomach is starting to hurt.Why is this?Am I doing to much of them?
What kind of hurt are you talking about? Your stomach mussels are like all your other mussels.. they need a break to repair.  You should only do situps every other day to give them time to rest.  If you are having naseua you should see your doctor.
I am very sorry to hear all your concern and worries, I am in the same boat..few years ago during numerous sit up appro.20-30 sit- ups I felt this painful knot in my lower abdomin (abdomen) ...like someone rolling my intestine inside my stomach, it was so painful that I can't  breath nor can't move, and now it seems that every time I do 5 sit-ups and and exercise that related to abs....it's startst to trigger this pain even having sex ...especially when i am on top like set up position. Anyone help!!!!!!from MD....not a hernia
Avatar_dr_m_tn
You need to strengthen your fitness and also your abdominal muscles.
Do some floor exercises and learn to strengthen your abdominal muscles so by that you will reduce the pain by putting less force on the areas you are having pain in the abdomen.
If you are having pain reduce the  no of situps and do on alternate days. By rest the pain will decrease if you do not have any other problem like hernia etc nothin to worry. Take care!
i know this was posted three yrs ago, but i must reply to this.  i have had the same pain......it honestly feels like a charlie horse or worse.  I found out that it is scar tissue.  it wraps around the colon at times.  when it hits just stand up straight and walk around.  eventually the pain will go away.  it has hit me while doing situps, using the bathroom, and having sex.  it feels like you could just die.  like your insides are being ripped out.  its crazy.
I have this same pain - just like a charlie horse, not "in" my stomach, but just under the skin.  This is actually why I am here, I just started working out again and after a month of mostly cardio, I decided to incorporate some situps.  After about 10 of them, I felt the pull and had to stop - it took a minute or two to go away, but it hurt like hell.  After about an hour or so, I did a few more situps - this time taking my time and going slow (with the phone nearby in case I needed to call 911), and the intense pull happened again.  I don't know what this is, but it really hurts and is paralyzing.  It does go away but I feel that flutter as if it could happen again if I am not careful.  I guess I'll be mentioning it to my doctor just to rule out some sort of hernia issue.  
Yes, finally someone feeling exactly what I feel.  I have gone to numerous doctors and no one knew what was going on.  I agree with you I feel it is scar tissue from multiple pregnancies and c-sections.  When it cramps up it is the most freaky feeling.  I feel as if I am going to die.  Very scary and very painful.
specialmom commented on specialmom's status
41 mins ago
KeeLolo commented on photo
KeeLolo commented on veronica0808's status
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine