swollen middle knuckle
ok first things first. The knuckle above my right middle finger is swollen. This is due to me constantly hitting hard surfaces. i have no pain in that particular finger or knuckle or any part of the hand but i cant fully raise my right ring finger. It gets to about half way and i cannot raise it anymore unless i force it up with my other hand. Apart from that i have full use of my right hand and no pain in or around the knuckle or finger. Any ideas whats wrong??
possibly a fracture...one that involved the interphalangeal joint (knuckle). I would recommend xrays to aid in diagnosis. If it is non-displaced, rest, anti-inflammatories, splinting would help. Intra-articular fractures ( in the joint fractures) that are displaced, if left untreated, can lead to early arthritic changes. Strongly recommend orthopaedic evaluation....!
Hi. Repetitive strain on middle and ring fingers may suggest fracture or a swollen tendon sheath (e.g. trigger finger). Do you experience locking, snapping, popping or catching sensation in the finger while making a fist? Warm and cold compress, rest and pain relievers may help, but it is best that you see your physician right away for assessment. Hope this helps.