Exercise & Fitness Community
time of exercise important?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

time of exercise important?

hello

I am a Hashimotos thyroiditis patient and I have gained about 15 pds since October!!My endocrinologist increased my meds but I find it hard to shift the weight. Anyhow I would like to know this, if I do power walking not early in the morning but later at noon or afternoon is it ok? I have heard that you don't burn fat unless you exercise in the morning on an empty stomach.Being a busy mum of three sometimes that is difficult . I have not got time or money to go to a gym but I own a treadmill and a couple of weights . Can you please offer some advice?

I am 1.65 height / 66 kgs
no cholest/no triglycerides/medium to low blood pressure / 97 blood sugar
pulse at rest in mid 60's - 70's .

thanks in advance
Follow this routine!
The Peak 8 routine it will quickly raise your heart rate 8 times for very short bursts, with a cooling down period in between. Ideally you’ll be sprinting or cycling full throttle for 30 seconds with a 90 second cool down in between each outburst.  

This is the fastest way to lose fat and build muscle in the body. Peak 8 actually stimulates the growth hormone in the body. I personally feel that it is one of the best ways to exercise, especially considering the speed at which you can lose fat and build muscle.  

What you eat after Peak 8 training does matter  

It’s recommended that you do not eat sugar or carbohydrate for 2 hours after the Peak 8 exercise because these foods can impact the release of the growth hormone in the body.  

Figure your heart rate by this formula  
The Karvonen Formula is a mathematical formula that helps you determine your target heart rate zone. The formula involves using your maximum heart rate (MHR) minus your age to come up with a target heart rate range (which is a percentage of your MHR). Staying within this range will help you work most effectively during your cardio workouts.  

an example of the Karvonen formula for a 23 year old person with a resting heart rate of 65 beats per minute (*to get your resting heart rate, take your pulse for one full minute when you first wake up in the morning or after you've resting for a while). This formula also includes an updated calculation of maximum heart rate (the previous formula was 220 - age, which has now been shown to be inaccurate):  

206.9 - (0.67 x 23 (age)) = 191  
191 - 65 (resting heart rate) = 126  
126 * 65% (low end of heart rate zone) OR 85% (high end) = 82 OR 107  
82 + 65 (resting heart rate) = 147  
107 + 65 (rhr) = 172  
The target heart rate zone for this person would be 147 to 172  

First thing in the morning before you get out of bed have a clock with a second hand and check your resting heart rate then figure your rate by the  
Karvonen Formula above.

You burn 30 percent more fat from doing cardio after a weights session as opposed to cardio on its own.
Thanks for taking the time to answer!!! I will certainly try !!!!