Exercise & Fitness Community
tingling in right thumb

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

tingling in right thumb

For about 3 weeks I have had tingling in my right thumb and then it moves up the thumb side of my for arm just past the bend in my elbow. It happens at least 10 times a day, what could this be?
Any type of tingling sensations in the extremities (hands and feet) are called parasthesia. They are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidism. They can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.