Exercise & Fitness Community
tingling in thumb

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fitness, aerobics, exercise, pilates, sports, and yoga.

tingling in thumb

I am having tingling in my thumb for last one week. comes for few seconds and disappears. do i need to see doc or ignore?
I am male, age 38 and healthy with no known illlness
Any type of tingling sensations in the extremities (hands and feet) is called parasthesia. They are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidism. They can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

this could be nerve damage or carpel tunnel,i would go to the doctor if it continues.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

As the symptoms only appeared for a week and as you were healthy before that you can try vitamin supplements, physiotherapy and proper diet and nutrition.

If symptoms continue then you would need scans and other examinations to come to a proper diagnosis.

Take care!