wanting to build up my strength after 2 mo sickness
I lost a lot of muscle tone after being very sick for 2 months. I still very weak and tired but I need to get my strength back.  Would it be wise to go to a physical therapist or could I go to my local YMCA.
You didn't say what kind of illness you have recovered from, so my first thought would be to ask your doctor what would be appropriate for you.  Physical therapy requires a doctors order, so speak with him/her about that.  As a rule of thumb, after an illness that has left you weak, just walking is a good place to begin.  You can sit on the edge of the bed or in a chair and do leg lifts and leg extentions.  You can grip a ball between your knees.  You can do arm lifts either on their own, or hold something like a can of soup. You can sit on the edge of a bed or chair with your feet on the ground for support and lean back slightly.  You will feel your abs tighten.  Hold there for a minute or so and relax. This is the same as doing a situp.  Whatever you decide to do, go slowly.  Give your body time to catch up after each new exercise before begining a new one.  Listen to your body, it will set the pace for you.