weight loss and exercise
HELP!, ive been doing aerobics, zuma , boxercise and legs bums and tums, as well as cardio in the gym for 14 months now, at least 10 hours a week, and I haven't lost any weight, and not really toned up a lot either. The last fortnight or so ive been cycling 3 times a week for 2 hours. My gym buddies have all lost weight, and they've been doing exactly the same. I don't eat takeaways, very little bread, loads and loads of fruit and veg, and plenty protein too. I don't know whats going wrong. I put everything into my exercise classes, absoloutely sweating like crazy, and really feel the burn when doing workouts. Please please please can anyone advise me as to where im going wrong. I also have very little control over my bladder since I started exercise.
" loads and loads of fruit" Fruit is loaded with sugar! So you need to cut down on the fruits!! As for a routine do the following!
You do your strength training first then cardio!!!
The Peak 8 routine it will quickly raise your heart rate 8 times for very short bursts, with a cooling down period in between. Ideally you’ll be sprinting or cycling full throttle for 30 seconds with a 90 second cool down in between each outburst.  

This is the fastest way to lose fat and build muscle in the body. Peak 8 actually stimulates the growth hormone in the body. I personally feel that it is one of the best ways to exercise, especially considering the speed at which you can lose fat and build muscle.  

What you eat after Peak 8 training does matter  

It’s recommended that you do not eat sugar or carbohydrate for 2 hours after the Peak 8 exercise because these foods can impact the release of the growth hormone in the body.  

Figure your heart rate by this formula  
The Karvonen Formula is a mathematical formula that helps you determine your target heart rate zone. The formula involves using your maximum heart rate (MHR) minus your age to come up with a target heart rate range (which is a percentage of your MHR). Staying within this range will help you work most effectively during your cardio workouts.  

an example of the Karvonen formula for a 23 year old person with a resting heart rate of 65 beats per minute (*to get your resting heart rate, take your pulse for one full minute when you first wake up in the morning or after you've resting for a while). This formula also includes an updated calculation of maximum heart rate (the previous formula was 220 - age, which has now been shown to be inaccurate):  

206.9 - (0.67 x 23 (age)) = 191  
191 - 65 (resting heart rate) = 126  
126 * 65% (low end of heart rate zone) OR 85% (high end) = 82 OR 107  
82 + 65 (resting heart rate) = 147  
107 + 65 (rhr) = 172  
The target heart rate zone for this person would be 147 to 172  

First thing in the morning before you get out of bed have a clock with a second hand and check your resting heart rate then figure your rate by the  
Karvonen Formula above.

You burn 30 percent more fat from doing cardio after a weights session as opposed to cardio on its own.
Go onto YouTube and watch a program called 'Horizon: the truth about exercise'. Firstly, it's amazing, but as for you; it mentions that there are approx 10% of the pop who are 'non responders'. You could fall into that category and if so, calorie restriction could be the key to your weight loss. Check out the program and good luck!
What kind of food are you eating? I have recently started "eating clean" and I am noticing a difference already. Not just physically but mentally and emotionally also. It is pretty amazing, actually. You basically stop eating processed food, it's a more natural diet. The best advice I have found so far is,"abs are made in the kitchen, 30% exercise 70% diet."  and,"100 calories of junk food is still JUNK." Just try eating better, not just lower calories but better food. Look it up online, eat clean, that's it.