Exercise & Fitness Community
weight loss tips after child birth

Take charge of your health by joining others like you. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

weight loss tips after child birth

Hi everyone. I am 20 years old and just had my first child. I have been released to exercise a few months ago but im just now starting to exercise. I've heard that after bearing a child, it can be harder then normal to lose weight and I need some good tips for rapid weight loss. I'm 5'2 120 pounds. I was 140 but I lost some. I'm stretching for losing 10 more pounds...
Hi there!

If you are aiming at losing weight, it is important to calculate your current BMI and the target BMI. The target BMI should be in a healthy range. Aside indulging in moderate amounts of physical exercise it is also essential to maintain a healthy diet plan. A healthy diet should consist of adequate amounts of calories with carbohydrates, proteins, fat and plenty of fruits and vegetables to supply vitamins and minerals. Skipping any of the food components is not considered healthy. Also when aiming at losing weight the protein intake may be slightly increased and the carbohydrate intake slightly lowered. The calorie requirement should also be adjusted for ones physical activities as well. Lower than adequate calorie intake can also cause weight gain, due to the stress hormones kicking in. Start with a healthy breakfast, moderate lunch and light dinner. Also keep a track of calorie intake and your work out. With gradual consistent efforts, you should be able to lose weight as desired in a healthy way.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
KeeLolo commented on KTowne's status
gymdandee commented on  Herbs and Spices Low...
mishymoshymarcy Tell me there is more to li... Comment
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine