Exercise & Fitness Community
work shifts and a kid

Take charge of your health by joining others like you. Ask a question, join a conversation, get tips: fitness, nutrition, and management tools / trackers.

work shifts and a kid

How do you al make it work to have the time to both work full time in diffrent hours and have small kids. I have a there years old kid and are working full time and so is the father how can i manage to find the time to exercice? ? How have you done
Dear Mom, Wife and Self,

You are not alone.   First make sure that both you and your husband deal with the situation together and plan accordingly.  

1.  Just as when you married and became a wife, your husband was your priority, now your a Mom.  Being a Mom will never change in this world, but you also have to find balance to be a wife.

Find someone who can take care of the baby for one night, so that you and your husband remember to have a loving healthy relationship.

2.  See if your job will allow you to bring your child to work.  You will be surprise how many companies will allow it.  If not, make sure that when you get out you make it all about the baby.   a.  pay for a housekeeper to come in once a week, therefore, you will just take care of your baby and husband.  b.  If you can not afford a housekeeper, they one day your husband takes care of the baby and you do housework for 1 1/2 hours then its family time.  and the next day you switch.  c.  Make sure to check with high school students or college students to come and help you clean.  They could use the  money and the expense won't be so much.  d.  Remember, that children should be asleep by 8PM!, and not in your bedroom.  Remember that he/she is only 3, but eventually they will need to go to school and children need 8-9/10 hours of sleep.  Bad habits are created by parents who are tired or lazy to parent.  
3.  Alternate "Read Time" with your child.  Mon/Thurs  Dad Reads a story to child 7PM  Tues/Fri  Mom reads a story to child  Wed  Both Mom/Dad  read a story to child.     Sat. Morning--- All three of you cook breakfast together.  Doesn't have to be perfect, just fun.

I took care of my terminal ill mother, her house, her medical, worked two jobs, was married, helped my husband, took care of my house, and got up at 4:30 headed to the gym and was back by 6 AM when my husband had to go to work.  

Later after I divorced, I used my son's Preschool hours to go walking and then picked him up took him home or work with me.  I made arrangements to bring him to work and raised him understanding that Mom had to work and he had to do homework and behave.   It wasn't easy but I made it fun.

My son is 19 going on 20, in college and we are very close.  He calls me twice a week or we video chat.

What I am trying to say is that it can be done.

Keep things simple when it comes to exercise.  Do 20 min video's once in the morning and once in the evening every other day. and walk in between days.  Good luck.

mishymoshymarcy I AM HEALTHY. I AM HAPPY. I... Comment
CN Tower Flashback
May 29 by Sheri1969
Sheri1969 is ...anxious from a flashb... Comment
May 29
Achieve your weight goals
Exercise Tracker
Make exercise part of your routine