yoga, water aerobics? I'm in search of a good low impact cardio.routine.. HELP!
I have tried so many times to lose weight and keep it off. I do have some rather severe health problems which limit the type of exercising I do however I absolutely love water aerobics and it is very easy on my body and joints. I.have degenerative disc disease and osteoarthritis which makes it nearly impossible to run or even jog. Right now I can't seem to work a membership to a gym with access to a pool. Have any of you had good results with yoga or Pilate's? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in.advance. :),
How about the following Elliptical, Rowing Machine, Bicycling?
Yoga or Pilate's wouldn't help! To lose weight from stored body fat, you must burn more calories than you consume. Calorie burning happens through exercise, daily activities and your basal metabolic rate, or BMR, which is determined by your weight and percentage of lean muscle mass. Pilates burns a moderate number of calories and contributes to muscle development for increased BMR. The same for Yoga!