Exotic Pets Community
Can a Bumble Bee kill a rabbit !
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your exotic pets!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can a Bumble Bee kill a rabbit !

I found a carpenter bee hole in the wood under one of my rabbit cages about 3 weeks ago and I filled the holes and they drilled through that, so then I covered it with a some metal and tape ! I found one of my rabbits dead a week ago and it was her cage the hole was under ! When we were getting her out of the cage to bury her I noticed that the tape had came down and a bumble bee flew out !! Someone told me that the female bee's are the only one's that sting and that they can sting up to 8 times if felt threatened ! I don't know how true that might be ?? Do you think it could of killed her ? I feed all my rabbit's the same thing and they have fresh water everyday ! She was only 4 1/2 years old and I have other rabbits older than her !! :'( I found her one week ago today ! :''(  R.I.P. HUNNY BUN
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
I read up a bit on Carpenter bees and you're correct that the female has a stinger but the male doesn't. The male may "chase" an intruder but is unable to do any harm. The female can and will sting if provoked (like being handled) but otherwise is not very aggressive.

I'm not sure one bee could kill a rabbit. Many animals are stung on occasion and will have a sore spot but they don't die. The only way to find an answer would be to have her little body checked by a vet.
Blank
I guess I'll really never know what happened to her ! Thank you for your help !
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Exotic Pets Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...