Exotic Pets Community
ferret

This forum is for questions and support regarding your exotic pets!

ferret

hi I have 2 ferrets One male and one female now my question deals with my female ferret, she's fixed and shes I think about 1 and half years old well my question is she has been throwing up for about 3 days at first it didn't last long so I thought nothing of it and then I heard it but I thought it was one of the cat till this morning I saw her throwing up again well I called a vet found only one vet that deals with ferrets but I didn't have a ride nor the money right now I only get paid tomorrow and the vet is open monday and since I'm scared to death I need some answer now well right now my husband went to clean there cage and found alot of this lil red looking maggot type deal of bugs in her poop and diariahh and she also looks like shes loosing weight is her health bad? or am I just over looking it and thinking to much on the dark side? or should I be really concerned?
UPDATE: so after throughly cleaning the cage we noticed their are maggots but also a diffrent type of bug its flat and redish color, which also left the cage and was around it all over the floor we are doing a big cleaning for the cage and our room but can anyone tell me whats goiing on?
GET THAT FERRET TO A VET,SOMETHING IS REALLY WRONG!
I tryed taking her to the vet but my husband never letted me he'd either take the car or the money i put for her, or cancels my appts that in dec she passed away i also kicked him out, my male ferret passed in feb also he had cancer.... i really miss them and i know if my husband wasn't an *** i could have saved them...
it seems that the ferret has a parasitic infection,symptoms include diarrhea, lethargy weight loss,and vomiting,give the ferret plenty of fluids and take the ferret to the vet.