to boas sick with RI
i have a 15 lb female bci and a 11 lb male bci they both have RI (cat stepped on power cord behind cage when i was on vaction for two weeks) so i brought them to the vets and she gave me 68mg Baytril tabs to delute in water (cathiter and syeringe) i am supposed to give the female 3/4 of a 68mg pill and the male 1/2 of the 68mg pill once a day for ten days i was just woundering if this sounded right to you all i just want them to get better and not spend a lot of money oh ya i dont think the vet has much xp with exotics from some of the questions i asked and my big female has started laying on her side even her head   ty ryan
I would recomend following the vets advice. I have used Baytril on injured sea turtles in the past, so that sounds fine. I would try getting the syringe in the corner of the mouth gently and using it to open their jaws, then slowly squirting the solution in (giving them chance to swallow as it goes does down). If you try forcing it in at the front and you slip (these snakes will really try to resist you), you may damage the top of their windpipe that sits in the base of the mouth.

Next time you go on vacation, you owe it to your animals to get them 'house-sat' or take them somewhere to be looked after. If you have a power cut or your heating equipment breaks down, your animals may die. It costs me $15 a week to get my snake 'baby-sat'