Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Air coming out of eyes
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Air coming out of eyes

My 7 year old daughter just informed me that she hates blowing her nose because air "shoots out of her eyes".  I have never heard of this...
Related Discussions
yes, very common.  not dangerous at all.  she's most likely right...air probably DOES come out of her eyes.  REALLY common.  totally benign.  no real fix for it...
2 Comments
Blank
I've noticed my sunglasses steaming up on one side - Is that due to air coming out of eye on one side?  Been trying to figure out why it's happening.
Blank
halo...no, really unlikely.  much more likely for your glasses to be crooked and one lens is CLOSER to your eye than the other one.

try this:

if its your left lens that fogs up: take your sunglasses off, hold them up in front of you with the lenses down and the temples (arms) up like a "U".  bend the left temple IN a little and/or the right temple out a little.

if its the right lens that fogs up: take your sunglasses off, hold them up in front of you with the lenses down and the temples (arms) up like a "U".  bend the right temple IN a little and/or the left temple out a little.
Blank
A related discussion, eye health was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank