Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Air coming out of eyes

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Air coming out of eyes

My 7 year old daughter just informed me that she hates blowing her nose because air "shoots out of her eyes".  I have never heard of this...
yes, very common.  not dangerous at all.  she's most likely right...air probably DOES come out of her eyes.  REALLY common.  totally benign.  no real fix for it...
I've noticed my sunglasses steaming up on one side - Is that due to air coming out of eye on one side?  Been trying to figure out why it's happening.
halo...no, really unlikely.  much more likely for your glasses to be crooked and one lens is CLOSER to your eye than the other one.

try this:

if its your left lens that fogs up: take your sunglasses off, hold them up in front of you with the lenses down and the temples (arms) up like a "U".  bend the left temple IN a little and/or the right temple out a little.

if its the right lens that fogs up: take your sunglasses off, hold them up in front of you with the lenses down and the temples (arms) up like a "U".  bend the right temple IN a little and/or the left temple out a little.
A related discussion, eye health was started.