Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Blister in my eye?

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Blister in my eye?

I noticed a small yellow bump in the lower left corner of my eye, located on the white area.  Could this be a blister?  If so, what kind of problems can this cause.  I am mainly concerned because I have glaucoma and have already had 4 trabs in this eye and just had a Baerveldt tube shunt in this eye back in May.  My pressure has just recently become under control only within the last month.  Can this cause any problems that will affect my glaucoma?   Thanks
probably not a "blister" in the way that you are thinking about a "blister".  i mean any bump on your eye could be called a "blister" by a layperson, but there is no real diagnosis of "blister" on an eye.

most likely scenario is PINGUECULA...an inflammatory response usually to long term UV exposure.  not dangerous.  not related to your glaucoma or your trabs or shunt.  as long as the "blister" is not near the shunt site, then it is not caused by the shunt nor will it affect the shunt.  

you should google images of "pinguecula" and see if thats what your bump looks like.  i would send you links but my internet connection is so slow right now that i cant get any of the images to load.  no matter...i just went to google.com and entered the word "pinguecula".  you should try it whenever you have time...