Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Blister like cysts inner corner of eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Blister like cysts inner corner of eye

I developed 2 blister like cysts on inner corner of eye with redness.  Optometrist suggested applying hot compresses to area to see if body would readsorb the fluid.  No luck after 2 weeks.
Next solution would be Patanol twice a day for 1 week & then if that doesn't work to lance them.  Any other ideas?
wow.  i dont like the "hot compress" idea.  no inlfammation/redness needs hot compress IMO.  more like COLD compress.

this sounds like possible PINGUECULA...which would not be solved by  any compress or patanol.  would need surgical removal.

it could also be PHLECTENULE which is an allergy response and would be self-limiting (would go away on its own)

if you are a contact lens wearer, this could be contact lens or contact lens solution related...and you should STOP wearing your contacts
I believe he feels it is the phlectenule.  He felt the hot compresses would increase circulation to the area & encourage the body to readsorb the fluid.  These are not bumps they are like blisters-very shiny & confined to the interior corner.
I seem to be suffering from some temporary blisters in the corner of one eye, but they come with a lot of burning in that area, especially after using Restasis. I was prescribed restasis after I underwent surgery for conjuntivo Chalasis in 2003, which brought with it great discomfort and redness due to dry eyes and other symptoms. After testing every possible drop plus flax seed, and tear duct plugs, my doctors have given up on me and told me there is nothing else in the market for my condition. I have always stated that I feel the problem is that my Meibomiam glands are not functioning properly, and after researching what little information there is, I continue to believe that is where the problem lies, but I am told nothing and looked at as if I am from Mars. My eyes are not red, but they are always inflamed and dry, especially around the eyelids. When I press hard against the lower eyelid, I feel a little relief for at least 5 seconds, which leads me to believe I have squeezed some oil from the malfunctioning gland and obtained that relief. I am in a quandary that has lasted six years with no relief in sight. Any thoughts or recommendations?