Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Blood vessels in eye
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Blood vessels in eye

My husband has a recurring huge broken blood vessel in his eye that comes with a dull pain shooting from above and on the side of his eye.  He gets one every other month or sometimes once a month.   He has no other symtoms (symptoms) but tenderness and the pain.  Can this be serious or is it just conjuct. hemm. ? Thanks!
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
Has he ever been to an eye doctor for this?  That's the best place to start.  There could be lots of reasons for this, some serious, some not.  Don't mess around with vision problems.  Pain in the eyes ALWAYS merits a thorough exam to be sure.
Blank
I would definatly get this checked out asap b/c i have a small blood vessel in my eye which you can also get from wearing contacts to long that dont get much oxygen to your cornea and a blood vessel will form to deliver the oxygen there, if it grows into the cornea blindness can occur, eye pain is not normal could also be a sign of high BP
Blank
97676_tn?1340408973
It sounds to me like subconjunctival hemorrhage.  If your husband is taking any type of blood thinning meds, asprin ect, he is more susceptible to this condition.  The tenderness and pain could be caused by dryness of the eye, which can sometimes be helped by using over the counter eye drops.  At any rate, eye conditions should be taken seriously.  The people in this forum are very informative, but many of us including myself are not doctors and none of us can make a definite diagnosis.  Have him see an opthamologist as soon as possible, just in case the condition is serious to prevent any damage to his vision.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank