Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Bright light affecting eyes

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Bright light affecting eyes

I have had difficulty with any bright light for a couple of years.  My eyes water and I'm not able to control eye movement. In 10/07, my optometrist wrote in my record that I have pinpoint macula drusen and that the pupil were "sluggish to light".  I wear very dark eye glasses when I'm out doors but often the problems are inside when there's a bright lamp etc.  Is there anything I should have checked out and how can I better care for my eyesight?  
Avatar n tn
10/07 hasnt occurred yet.  you mean 10/06?  

if you're already being followed by an eye care professional and you're already wearing dark, uv coated lenses, you're already doing all you can do.