Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Bump under my eyelid

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Bump under my eyelid
I have a white looking bump on the inside of my upper eye lid. It is painful when I blink and when I rub my eye. My eye also seems to be emitting more fluid lately. It is just irritated. Any ideas of what it could be? Thanks.
stye?  probably need an eye exam...
Can a stye be under the eye lid too? Or are the mostly on the outside of the eye?
stye can be anywhere on or in the eyelids.
My brother has a large red growth that started at the inner corner of his left eye.  It was originally like the little red area in the corner of his eye was a little swollen, now it seems to be growing nearly across his lower eyelid.  Is that a stye?  If not, what could it be?

A related discussion, Lump/growth was started.
A related discussion, my daughter has a star on her right eyey what shall i do about it she is in public school and have perfect attendance? was started.