Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Can poor eyesight make you feel ill?

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Can poor eyesight make you feel ill?

I've been having some physical symptoms over the last year or so that I have not been able to get a diagnosis for (we hear that a lot I see).  The symptoms are dizziness, confusion, vertigo, near syncape and sometimes at night I have electrical storms in my head.  So I went to the eye doctor as part of the process of seeing every doctor I can in order to get better and he is giving me glasses even though I can see pretty good already.  He's hoping it will make me feel better (just a guess really) and his theory seems to be that my eyes are working hard to focus at things up close (I am farsighted) and the glasses should make the focusing easier for my eyes.  I've never worn glasses and I'm 36 years old.  He says what I may have is really not all that common.  Does this make sense?
ys.  it is very possbile that some of your problems could ve vision/glasses related.

try wearing the glasses 24/7 (obviously not while in bed) for a month and see if some of your symptoms get better...
A related discussion, feeling dizzie was started.