Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Child with visual distortion
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Child with visual distortion

For 3 years now my 10 year old has had episodes of visual distortion. She describes these episodes, which last for a split second at a time and can come in clusters, that her vision goes like 'when you fast forward a video'. Three years ago, she was seen by both a neurologist and ophthalmologist and had an EEG, MRI and other ophthalmology tests done.  Everything was clear. She used to get about 30 - 40 per day but they eased over the last few years to about 1 or 2 every few months.  But since Christmas, she has been getting them more frequently, approximately 5 - 20 per day.  She has an appointment to see an ophthalmologist but I feel that she needs to be seen by a Neuro-ophthalmologist, but there are none in the Republic of Ireland. I will travel abroad to get a diagnosis and possible treatment. Can anyone tell me what is going on??