Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Discoloration in the eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Discoloration in the eye

But there's a discoloration in my left eye (cornea)... kind of like a small patch adjacent to the pupil and it's brownish in colour. It does not cause me any pain or problems with vision and for these reasons i haven't seeked professional help... But over the years the discoloration has become very prominent... Should i have any reason to worry?
Avatar n tn
um, i doubt it is your cornea that is discolored.  its most likely your iris ir your sclera/bulbar conjunctiva.

i dont think you should necessarily be WORRIED, but someone needs to at least look at what you're talking about to rule out tumors, etc.
Avatar n tn

I am a pre school teacher and we have a child in the classroom that has gray spots that circle the white's of his eyes. His eyes are droopy, and kind of bugged out is this a sign of a problem or is it just the color of his eyes.
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, graish color in my left eye was started.