Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Dry Eye and blurred vision.
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dry Eye and blurred vision.

I was diagnosed with Dry Eye yesterday, but am not understanding why dry eyes would cause my vision to be blurred.

They suggested I start with OTC "tears" I have been using them for a day now and while my eyes feel VERY soothed and oh so good, I am still experiencing blurred vision.

They said my vision was 20/25 and that the 25 wasn't bad enough to warrant eye glasses...SO WHAT IS THE DEAL with the blurred vision does it just take a while for the drops to work?

I don't feel like they solved my problems at all!
Related Discussions
4 Comments
Blank
I have the same situation.  My left eye has been blurry for a couple of weeks following an upper respiratory infection.  I saw the optometrist last week and he did a thorough examination and prescribed eye drops. I have not noticed any improvement. Have you had further contact with a doctor?
Blank
no, I havent' but I will say, that after using the drops consistently for a couple of days, that today it seems "better"..not WELL but better.

I also read somewhere that eyedrops in this situation are not a quick fix, that they would take a while to get your eyes back to feeling more normal.

The analogy they used was like a really dried out brown lawn. That watering it would sooth the situation but it would take days or longer of continual watering to make the lawn turn green again.
Blank
That makes sense. I thought my eye was a bit less blurred yesterday but today I am not so sure. I think I am so worried about the situation that I just "focus", no pun intended, on it. Hope it all works out.
Blank
Just wondered if your vision had improved Nan.  I hope so.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank