Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Eye Twitching

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eye Twitching

The bottom right corner of my right eye has been twitching NON STOP for about two days now! What could this mean?
"myokymia".  usually benign, but can *rarely* be associated with underlying systemic disease (although i have never seen that).  lots of people get an eyelid or facial twitch at some point in their lives.  the vast majority of the time it is no big deal and goes away on its own.

it is thought that one of the main causes of myokymia is lack of sleep.  or not getting restful sleep.

some ways to stop it: warm (not cold) compresses will sometimes stop it temporarily.  sometimes oral or topical (eyedrop) antihistamines are rx'd...
I just found this website that I am finding very helpful to try and answer my questions about why my Left and Right Eyes that shifts back and forth like it does when I am looking a long time at something... My eyes also get really blewery at times and I can't see up close or far away and then later I am fine, 20/20 vision.. I have also had a period of time where I will be trying to read something on TV and it gets blewry and the lines shift and I can't keep the olines strait from what I just read. I am also having major problems with my lower right eye lid twitching.. It is very disterbing and fluctuates sometimes really fast and then several slow twitches throughout the day.. It has been doing this for several weeks now.. I can see the twitching when I look closely in the mirror when it is active, whereas, other people can't see it if they are just looking at me.

I had a closed head and spinal injury 20 years ago and my doctor at Shepherd Cneter in Atlanta Georgia seems to think it might be caused from my head injury but not to worry about it.. I use to have daysauvoue when I was younger in my head injury quite a bit and then it went away, and the doctors never could explain it.. At times I also have bright light spells that are white and then have spots of black and sometimes turn to dull colors at times. I never thought much of it, but with everything that has been happening I am begining to wonder.

Are there any doctors out their that can help me. I am really scared with all of the multiple things that have gone on that I have mentioned. For this much to happen to one person something must be wrong... Help!!