Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Eye and or lid feeling of heaviness
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Eye and or lid feeling of heaviness

Hello and happy holiday's to all!  My left eye feels as if something is weighing down on the upperlid and or putting slight pressure on the eye right in that area. I had this exact feeling about 15 years ago when under lots of stress and never had it since until the last four weeks. I have had bouts of twitching in the lid as well for the last four weeks with a very mild tingling in the temple an orbital area from time to time.  I do suffer from very very mild blepharitis from time to time, swollen lid and loss of a few eye lashes each month(they grow back)and small styes in that eye.  I don't know why I get bleph as I wash my hands and face quite often and usally don't rub my eyes. I also have a moderatley deviated septum (to the left) and informed my ENT of the problems;last week he checked for a sinus infection and found none, he also did a CT of the sinuses which also came back negative but my sinuses have been really bothering me never the less. My ophthalmologist did an exam last week and told me to put warm compresses on the effected eye and use lots of tears but I still am getting the feeling of a heavy lid he suggested an MRI if things didn't improve. In the last 2 days the twitching has subsided but I get get pressure and or heaviness feeling in the upper lid time to time through the day. For some reson Sudafed helps the heaviness feeling but as I indicated before the ENT says no issues found on the CT. Do sinus CT's show full orbital area? I am under lots of stress lately BTW.  What are your thoughts on what this could be. Thank you so very much for your time.