Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Eye pulsing
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Eye pulsing

in the last 3 weeks, my right eye has been pulsing and its been hurting a bit.  Its not a constant pulse or hurt but its been happening every day for the last 3 weeks.  Any help would be appriciated
Related Discussions
hmm.  could be myokymia or eyelid twitching, or could be something else.  you probably need an eye exam.
1 Comment
Blank
When you say pulsing, do you mean that your upper eyelid or bottom of your eye (under the lashes) is twitching? If so, this is normal and is usually caused by stress although the reason for it is unknown. I've had this for a few days and my husband had it for almost a month. It usually goes away on its own. You can call the eye doctor and make an appointment but he/she will probably tell you the same thing and there is no instant cure for it. Try reducing your stress level if possible, using the computer less or resting your eyes every once in a while. Getting enough sleep and avoidng long intervals of watching TV or the computer screen can also help a bit.

In rare cases twitching can be a sign of neurological problems but this is so rare that I wouldn't even worry about it especially if the pulsing or twitching is minor (in other words, it's not violently causing your eye to open and shut on its own). You might be able to notice the twitching or pulse if really look at your eye in the mirror. Although annoying, it's probably nothing. Go to your general doctor or an eye doctor to confirm this.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank