Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Eye twitching

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eye twitching

My lower left eyelid has been "jumping/twitching" for a week I am in gernerally good health and not on any medication, whatcould be causing this?
Stress is a factor in eye twitching.Lower/ or eliminate your caffeine intake.See a ophthamologist if  it gets severe. Nothing to worry about! Botox is a  radical treatment for constant uncontrollable blinking.
I also had eye twitching back and forth in both eyes for over a year, sometimes for weeks on end, then would disappear for  a few days and come back...for weeks and months again...i have it more than i don't.  Usually on a daily basis by now is pretty much my left lower eye lid, was told to go to a neuro opthamologist, which i did and was diagnosed with dry eye syndrome and blepharitis that she gave me drops for...just started using the drops so no change yet, but will keep you posted.  It's annoying as hell!  Hope the drops work.  :))))) Sheena1125
I very often get exactly what you describe.  I notice it occurs when I have consistently been getting very little sleep.  It will go on for days or weeks.  Once I start sleeping 6-8 a night again, it will subside after a few days.
Well I went again to another neurologist and they say it's nerves...can't understand how my left lower lid can twitch for over a year, and no one can tell me what to do, just that it will go ayay.  It's annoying as hell, and wish someone could tell me what to do.  I can't stand this any longer.