Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Eyelid swelling
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Eyelid swelling

On the third day of a trip to vancouver to stay with relatives I woke up with eyelids so swollen that it is difficult to open them enough to see.  could it be an allergy from their cat or dog even though it took three days to show up? could it be a food allergy from a japanese restaurant I ate at for lunch the day before? what can I do to decrease the swelling?
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
Swelling in the upper eyelid and / or lower eyelid of the left eye. No problem in vision. No pain, no pus, no redness in eye. The swelling increases especially during sleeping time, when the eyes are closed. During the daytime, when the eyes are generally open, the swelling generally decreases but when ever I sleep or close my eyes for about half an hour, the eyes again swells.

This has been happening for almost a month and half. Initially, when under medication, the bulge decreased and was completely cured. Then, after one week or so, the symptoms relapsed.  

Now, it
Blank
Please let me know whether you recovered from that strange eyelid swelling or not. Your case seems to me to be an allergic reaction. I am perturbed by the fact that though doc s in India diagnosed it as allergy is not as simple as that.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank