Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Floaters

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Floaters

At the begining of April i had went to the dentist for them to start a root canal.. After that i noticed i had a lot of floaters in both eyes.. I went to an eye specialist and he dialated my eyes and said the retinas look fine... Just wondering if anyone out there knows y i would just get floaters one day like that?  Both eyes and lots of them.. Tiny dots, hair like, and some look like sperm(weird i know).  Anyone else have this?
floaters are usually benign and are very common.  dont know why you suddenly got them or suddenly started noticing them.  i doubt they are/were related to any dental procedure.

regardless, if you have been dilated since the onset of your floaters and the doctor didnt find anything, then you are fine.