Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Halos Around Lights

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Halos Around Lights

Hi- I've been seeing halos around lights for a few months.  I recently went in for an eye exam and the Dr. said that my eyes looked fine (I thought I might be getting cataracts or something).  

Found out afterward that he didn't test for glaucoma so I rescheduled for this but the appt. is a bit into the future.  I'm still seeing the halos, should I be worried about this?  My halos are light (not rainbow) colored, not sure if that helps.  No pain, flashes of light, loss of peripheral vision, just the halos.  Would you consider this a medical emergency, I have an upcoming appt. but hesitate to make it urgent as they said I needed to be seeing flashes of light to get in earlier...would hate to make this a firedrill for them.

Thanks!
I have been seeing halos around lights now for over 3-weeks.  I only notice it at night when I am outside.  I see halos around headlights, street lights, signal lights, and any lights at all. I also have been experiencing some blurred vision.  Both problems have been with my right eye.  About a month ago, I had pink eye.  I
Hi I just got diagnosed with cataracts.I get the glow around lights and blurryness.But I have to go to a specialist because I have eye pain which surrounds the cheek bone I also have triple vision such as when looking at a red light the red light has 2 more lights to the right and two down it looks like the # 7.I also have distorted vison and it all results in headaches.Text is doubled.I explained to the DR that when closing my left eye a picture looked like a large distorted face when opening both I can see it was a man with a normal head size.This is actually funny.When he called me to day I have cataracts not glaucoma. when I asked if cataracts cause disfigurement and triple vision he thought that when I first went to him I had told him I was having hallusanations I know that is not spelled right but forgive me.Oh well I thought it was funny.But now I have to go to another specialist.I have all kinds of spine problems and I am having a terrible time sleeping I have severe pain in the back of my skull shoots up to the top of my head can't even lay on a very soft pillow.I searched and I think it is occipital neuralgia sure sounded like the same symptoms.My sister had cataracts removed because of the halos she couldn't drive now she is like a new 72 yr old woman.The surgery was painless and they done 1 eye at a time she can see perfect now.So don't be scared if it turns out to be that Good luck hope I helped
A related discussion, Seeing halos around lights was started.
A related discussion, Halo Around Lights? was started.