Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Headache and Red Veiny Glassy Eyes
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Headache and Red Veiny Glassy Eyes

HI,
I often get headaches in the back of my head that are kinda dull but can be present continuously for days or weeks on end.  When I have these headaches I also have red, veiny, very glassy eyes continuously.  I am also very dizzy and tired. No matter how much sleep I get I wake up with red eyes and they are still red in the evening.  People have started to ask me why my eyes are so red.  It is embarassing to be at work looking like I've only had 2 hours of sleep!  I don't drink, smoke, have any allergies or any problems with my eye-sight (20-20).  This has been going on for years.  Any ideas why these headaches / eye problems / tirednes  / dizziness is occurring.  My doctor has no ideas.
Thanks.