Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
I can feel and see my pulse in my eyes.

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

I can feel and see my pulse in my eyes.

I developed a medical problem over the past year with all sorts of neurological problems and pain  which has yet to be diagnosed.  All tests for MS negative.  In addition to neuro problems I also have eye problems as well.  I have floaters all over both of my eyes.  I can see and feel my pulse in my eyes all day every day.  I have bilateral blurred vision that comes on suddenly where I can't focus very well.  It comes and goes at random. My eyes are always red and blood shot. I had a doctor look in my eyes and he said he could actually see it.  He said he could see the vessels engorge and then release.  He said maybe my problems are really all vascular and that's why the neuro tests are all normal.  I can also feel my pulse throughout my entire body.  MRI of brain is normal and opthamology exam 9 months ago normal, VEP's normal 1/06. My blood pressure is low normal.  43 year old female. Is this normal or is it a sign of a problem?  Thank you

i would not consider any of that "normal", but if an ophthalmologist and neuro tests are normal, i dont know what else you are going to do...
what does the pulsing look like to you? how do you "see" it?
It' hard to describe but I can see it get larger then smaller like if you took your thumb and forefinger and made a circle, put it around your eye and made it bigger then smaller.  It's just so hard to describe.  The pulsing I can feel is the whole eye, both of them, the lids, inside,  etc...It's like squeezing and releasing.  I hope this makes sense and no....I'm not nuts. Read my post on the neuro forum if you want more info.
Hi  I can see a pulse in my eyes too. it is a sort of like a blip, blip, like a throb with no pain and whatever I am looking at seems to shift just a tiny bit in time to my heartbeat. I haven't mentioned it to my doctor because it is so hard to describe. It is a bit scary but I am glad to see that I am not the only one who has this weird thing going on. If you find out what it is let me know and I will do the same.
I have a central retinal vein occlusion and I can see my pulse in my eye that is "clogged".