Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
I have a growth of tissue in the corner of my eye nearest my nose...

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

I have a growth of pink coloured tissue in the corner of my right eye, nearest my nose. It is not attached to my eyeball and seems to be attached to a muscle of some type nearest my nose. It does not affect my vision at all and is approx 3-4mm across. I also tend to get a lot of mucus in my eye when I wake but this passes. Sometimes, there is a dark, crusty substance over it which appears to be dried blood. It is not painful but is sometimes a little itchy.

I have been reffered to a local eye hospital, but this will take some time. I am a bit concerned as to what it is and if there is any danger to my vision. I can email a photograph of it if needed.

Thanks!
Avatar n tn
i dont know.  needs to be evaluated, as do all 'lumps and bumps'.  could be benign, could be serious.  needs to be biopsied & investigated.  it does not sound emergent to me, so i think you have time to wait.  i might not know what it is even if you sent a pic.  needs to be biopsied.
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, Growth in corner of my eye was started.
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, corner eye tissue growth was started.