Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Lasik' affects!!!
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lasik' affects!!!

I am planning to get a lasik, but there are information about it make me confused to do so. A Korean friend of mine, he said: "There was a time in Korea that Lasik popular. Nowadays, Korean doctors advise that we should not keep on doing Lasik because we have not know its affects when we get older. As ones cornea is slitted, it can not be recovered and may have  bad affect. Korean people are holding to get Lasik until there is a final conclusion"
  I am really confusing. I wish to say goodbye to my 12diops glass. I hope to hear from you soon to make my final decision. I appreciate your help.
Related Discussions
you are not a *great* candidate for LASIK anyway, if your glasses really are -12.

go to an optometrist or ophthalmologist and ask them what they think of you getting LASIK.  get a consult.  they're usually free here in the U.S...
5 Comments
Blank
I really care about that whether the flap will reunite few months after surgery or not? I have read some information on internet that some people, after surgery, have serious problems. I do not know what are these problems? could you please tell me?
Blank
the most common problems in LASIK are all related to the healing of the flap:  

- wrinkles in the flap
- debris under the flap
- cells that grow under the flap
- inflammation under the flap
etc

your Rx is a little much for most LASIK procedures...
Blank
I have almost same priscription (prescription) as your. I think settleing for contact will be better choice. I waer contact lence with size -11 & -10.5 which is high but i kind of settle for it. I was very much keen to do LASIK but now i think i will wait for anoth 5 years at least.
Blank
I have almost same priscription (prescription) as your. I think settleing for contact will be better choice. I waer contact lence with size -11 & -10.5 which is high but i kind of settle for it. I was very much keen to do LASIK but now i think i will wait for anoth 5 years at least.
Blank
A related discussion, hit eye after lasik was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank